Dear God: July 4th 2016

Monday 4 July 2016





 

Dear God

Hi. How are you? Just taking some time to check in…

Sometimes I forget to do that.  I remember to pray but I forget all about the conversation. So here we go. Here I am. 

Firstly, thank you.

Thank you for being my best friend these last few months as promised.  

Thank you for showing up many times and showing out! You rock. You’re my ultimate. This year I promised that I would make an effort with our relationship. That I would put you first and treat you the way I would like to be treated in a healthy relationship. Surprisingly, it’s been great… You’ve made time for me in the strange ways that you do.

Thank you for opening my eyes. Thank you for allowing me to see people for what they really are. Thank you for giving me the confidence to trust my gut.  You remind me on a daily basis that you have something better in store. I am suddenly feeling inspired to write my first real bucket list, because I have no doubt you'll provide. I am in a good space now because of these regular check-ins whether verbal or written.

Thank you for reminding me that life is meant to be fun , and that when we stop trying to control it  we can start to enjoy it. I have learnt to make time to listen you. You’ve been consistent, you’ve showed me which hassle free steps to take. You really do have a sense of humor.....

Thank you for giving me the strength to leave some relationships behind. Especially, those that are not healthy, and also the friendships that are dying. I will no longer seek out people who do not value people. I will no longer look for friends who don’t make an effort to look for me. We are done with the emotionally draining circles. Most specifically, the ones created by narcissistic people. The one's who belittle and try to destroy the self- esteem of those around them just so they can feel better. We are done with those. I thought such horrible people were make-believe. Thank you for showing me that they exist in real life, and I am grateful you’ve insisted on me shutting those relationships down fast! Please now let's move on to the healthy relationships. I know you have never once said " I told you so..." but you really did tell me so. I learnt the lesson, I am ready for the good loyal people to enter my life now. I shall, (because you advised me too) continue to pray for those who have hurt me deeply on a professional and personal level, because I have now learnt in my heart and head the wisdom of Jesus’ words. But that’s all, I shall do. They are in your hands now. 

I am already looking forward to our next catch up

Forever yours,

Maria

#HappilyFlawed

4 comments

  1. " I will no longer look for friends who don’t make an effort to look for me. We are done with the emotionally draining circles." >>> said this prayer a while back and it has done me so much good & I haven't looked back since!

    Yes sis, be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trisha, glad you understand. Took me a while to get it but now I have learnt my lesson. :)

      Delete
  2. "Thank you for reminding me that life is meant to be fun , and that when we stop trying to control it we can start to enjoy it." Life in abundance. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am learning to live and enjoy Kullein, God is very vocal. I like this relationship. God is good. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment.

      Delete